The CPD seminar equips the specifier with better knowledge on roofing systems by explaining and providing guidance on:
- Defining the client's brief.
- Ensuring compliance with UK British Standards & Codes of Practice.
- Choosing the best roofing system for the job.
- Examples of when to specify single ply, hot melt, hard metals or liquid coating.
- Green roofing options.
- What support to expect from suppliers.
- Further sources of information and contacts.
Time: 25 minutes
Core Curriculum: Climate: sustainable architecture
Compliance: legal, regulatory and statutory frameworks and processes
Designing and building it: design, construction, technology and engineering
Knowledge level: General Awareness
SIG Design & Technology is a part of SIG plc, the UK’s market leading specialist supplier of construction products.
Embedded within the roofing construction sector, we offer a complete and impartial design and supply service.
Our roofing range includes flat roofs, green roofs, and zinc, copper and stainless steel roofing and cladding with the reassurance of advice, appropriate products and solutions, PI Insurance and full system guarantees.